NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Canon 6D and Skywatcher, 8" Dobson Flextube Synscan

Hello everybody,

i have a quick question, have anybody ever tried to use the canon 6d with the 8" skywatcher dob?

I am asking this because i want to buy the 6D but i have to be sure if i can reach the focus with no issue.

I already use the canon 1100D with no problem but recently i came across an issue with the adapter for the LPS filter and i had to saw a part out from the adapter to allow the camera to slide more down into the focuser.

I hope i was clear enough and look forward hearing from you guys :)

Simply take the focuser off and hold the Canon body up to the hole until you achieve focus. I usually do this on a night with a bright moon. This will show you where the camera reaches focus. Measure the distance. Use this measurment on the tube. This will tell you if your focuser tube has enough travel. If you can't reach focus with the travel your focuser tube has you must move the primary mirror forward a bit. One does what one needs to do to make things work in this craft. I've modified my custom Newt many times over now. Find that way to achieve focus and in the light you will find the road!

No problem with the Flextube - you can always mount the Secondary assembly a centimeter closer to the primary section.

Simply take the focuser off and hold the Canon body up to the hole until you achieve focus. I usually do this on a night with a bright moon. This will show you where the camera reaches focus. Measure the distance. Use this measurment on the tube. This will tell you if your focuser tube has enough travel. If you can't reach focus with the travel your focuser tube has you must move the primary mirror forward a bit. One does what one needs to do to make things work in this craft. I've modified my custom Newt many times over now. Find that way to achieve focus and in the light you will find the road!

Guys thank you so much for your answers :D

And that's right with the flextube i can vary the distance from the primary mirror i forgot about that :p

Archived