NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Brown looking thing

Okay I want to say it is mars but I cannot with this one because a few factors ; 1. I shot this right before spotting Neptune and two, my star chart app showed it more likely to be Pluto instead . I took the picture and then used my app to see where my scope was aimed at, same direction as Pluto. I know tonight mars and Saturn were practically on top of each other and I got them two around 8-9 pm. This was shot a few hours after right before I noticed Neptune rising up .

post-36708-0-12336400-1408860675_thumb.j

Well it looks a lot more like Mars to me. It's in gibbous phase, Pluto doesn't have phases seen from earth.

Pluto is also tiny and white with no surface detail.

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

Neptune would only appear as a very pale, and very small blue dot anyway, no where near as large as the object in your picture. 

Saturn would have be more conspicuous,  but the image  looks, and probably is  like mars, with some detail showing.

You did not include any details of the size and f ratio of the scope, and camera used.

Ron.

Well, you did good., and there is no doubting the capability of phone cams.

Have you tried Lunar imaging with your setup?

We did have a member here who excelled in 

imaging the moon with his Phone camera. Left us a while ago though.

Well done. :icon_salut:

Ron.

I'm still working out the lunar imaging. So far the ones I've done recently are not all good and just shows the moon as bright balls of light. Aside from the ones where's the clouds covered the moon. I know I can benefit from a couple of filters hence the main reason for me wanting to get an ep and filter kit

Reduce gain and exposure settings for the moon, it's very bright. If they are already at min you can use a filter or aperture mask.

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ pro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

You cover up some of the telescope so less light makes it through. Some scopes come with removable sections on the dust cover that perform this function.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived