NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lodestar X2C

HiloDon

Starizona in the US just got a supply of Lodestar X2 Color cams. Sells for $599 US. Is it available yet in the UK?

Don

I think with the current weather - we'd be more inclined to batten down the hatches! Have a look at FLO's website.. I'm sure that they and IKI have them in the pipeline.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trying to decide on the LL x2 color or a real color ccd cam like DSI or Starlight Xpress Trius line

Hi Ed,

Depends on what you want to do. For near real time viewing, you can't beat the Lodestar used with LL s/w. You sacrifice resolution to get the sensitivity to get exposures under one minute. With a higher resolution CCD camera your images are better, but you get into imaging and all the tracking issues that come with the longer exposures required. I don't do much imaging with my DSLR anymore because these Lodestars give me NRTV and images that meet my needs and don't require post processing. I was a happy camper with my Orion experience last night.

Hope this helps.

Don

Archived