NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello again and a new camera

m37

Hi all

Another spate of illness behind me, things are looking up and so am I !!!! :p  Dusted off my Dob last night, working on an equatorial platform for it. Lovely.

Thought I would share this link that the Imaging Source emailed me (on their mailing list from my DMK). I don't know much about them but they look interesting and cheap.

http://landing.theimagingsource.com/extremly-low-cost-machine-vision/

Seems to be targeted at industry but it is USB2, looks well made and is pretty cheap. 30fps too. Kind of an updated webcam I guess.

Anyway, thought I would just share the link. Hope you are all getting out and getting some snaps.

cheers

Chris

Hi Chris, the only problem I see with that camera is the word 'compressed' after the 30fps. Compression often means 'loss of detail' depending on the type of compression used. Other than that it doesn't look bad. depends on the sensitivity too.

Archived