battery chargers

Can I use a charger like this to charge a battery like this?

Only I have both of them, but can't see for the life of me how I'm meant to use it to charge the battery? I believe the lead that comes with the battery is not good enough to give the battery a full charge, so I want to do it properly and thought I could use this charger. As far as I can see it only has those croc clips.

What do you use?

Andrew

When I bought my jump starter it also had a little transformer and rectifier thingy in the box, which plugs into the jump starter ( near the switch on the front panel) and into the 240volt mains. Dont you have one of these?

However if you connect the two crocodile clips (on your Halfords thing) to the battery terminals (on your jump starter) you can also charge that way or even by connecting both sets of croc clips together. Remember positive to positive and negative to negative!

Ray

Yes you will need to turn on the isolator switch on the battery pack (if it has one) so that croc clips are connected to the internal battery. Then connect the battery charger positive lead to the positve croc clip of the battery pack then the negative terminals. Switch on charger and follow instructions on battery charger so that you can terminate the charging when done.

Regards

Kevin

Archived