Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Motor Mounts for Dobsonian Telescope

Hi,

I have a question or two could anyone tell me what would be the ideal motor mount be for a dobsonian telescope 200p.  I have been looking at the heq5 mount but not too sure if this would be correct mount would anyone have any suggestions on mount types for the dobsonian also as I am on a budget so if anyone have any suggestions on the best place to buy one it would be much appreciated the heq5 was between £500 to £800 mark.

Many thanks

Matt

You can get the 200P on an EQ5, think it is the f/5 and the dobsonian mounted one is f/6 however.

Therefore the HEQ5 should hold it better then the EQ5.

Not sure how easy it is however to move the OTA over however from the dobsonian mount to the EQ mount. It will generally not be a simple swap.

If the idea is for AP then not sure as a big aspect will be general stability and a 200P is a big item that any breeze will catch and render images lost. Even more so if your is f/6 (longer) and then hanging a DSLR on it and other bits does nothing to help.

Archived