NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heq5 / EQ6 Tripod

Ant

I've just bought a EQ6 Tripod - which includes the bit that the tripod legs bolt to.

I want to mount the HEQ5 onto the tripod.

1. The tripod legs are about 2mm too wide to fit straight onto the HEQ5 mount base

2. I thought I'd remove the central shaft - (the bit that goes through the spreader) and use the HEQ5 spreader to up through the hole in the EQ6 mount base and secure the HEQ5 mount base that way - it's about an inch and a half too short.

These mount bases are cast and I do not want to put them through drilling etc as cast stuff, whilst strong, is quite brittle.

Is there anywhere where I can buy an adapter plate to mate the two mount bases or ideally where I can get a long central shaft.

The picture below shows a line drawing of an EQ6 - but it shows the shaft that spreads the tripod and stick up through the base to screw into the underside of the mount. It is the top part that needs to be about an inch and a half longer than it is already.

Cheers

Ant

Archived