Vivitar telescope

I found a vivitar telescope at a local thrift store for real cheap $2 US dollars. Decided it couldn't hurt as it was cheap anyways. I got it cleaned up and tonight hopefully I can test it out. It has a focal length somewhere between 300mm and 700mm. It is a refractor so if it performs well, then I got a deAl . It was missing eps and a diagonal but based on the trial and error it uses .965 format eps . I'm not sure how I can tell the diameter Nd actual focal length .post-36708-0-99263500-1403389307_thumb.j

I remember looking through a Vivitar scope, think it was black though. I expected toy quality but to be honest, I didn't even live up to this expectation. This one looks a bit diffrent though! And for $2, what can go wrong? ;-)

Looks like the 50mm diameter, 600mm focal length one that has Vivitar on it.

Did it have an 8mm and a 4mm eyepiece?

The adverts for it say 75x and 150x so any eyepieces would have to be 8mm and 4mm.

At f/12 it should be reasonable, not exactly difficult to produce a reasonable lens of f/12.

Enjoy it, for $2 you cannot go wrong.

Archived