NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Scope dilemma...

Patbloke

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing to point out with the 8SE is the single arm mount is right at its limit with this scope. You will get away with adding maybe a telrad and essential dew shield but after that it gets a bit shaky. Actually come to think of it I also added a Dialectric 2" diagonal but the OTA had to be sat right to back of mount for Zenith viewing and I seem to r3member adding a small counter weight. That is why mine got shaky hehe  :tongue:

Anyeway, I had one and liked it but much prefer the Dob I have now.

Steve                

One thing to point out with the 8SE is the single arm mount is right at its limit with this scope. You will get away with adding maybe a telrad and essential dew shield but after that it gets a bit shaky. Actually come to think of it I also added a Dialectric 2" diagonal but the OTA had to be sat right to back of mount for Zenith viewing and I seem to r3member adding a small counter weight. That is why mine got shaky hehe  :tongue:

Anyeway, I had one and liked it but much prefer the Dob I have now.

Steve                

Thanks Bomber... In the end I bought a fantastic bargain Celestron C8 SGT XLT on an Advance GT mount off eBay... and from what I've been told you can hang a bus of this baby. 

Archived