NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

BYEOS suspending downloads, 14,000 frames lost

oldpink

had an issue last night where BYEOS was not downloading subs but stacking then till the run ended before it downloaded the images
was Ok as id did finally download the subs after the plan ran its course

tonight I decided to do a mosaic of the moon and set up as normal
at first things went well the first 5 runs at 1000 frames at X5 mode downloaded as I went along but after that they stopped downloading
but I continued till I had done 14 x 1000 frame runs and it just said downloading queue 14
when I put my mouse over the queue box it said suspended downloads

I let it sit for 15 minutes but no change in status I had to exit and restart loosing 14 separate captures and an hour of wasted time

no idea why this is happening
anyone have any idea's or settings I can change, I already looked through the settings and advanced settings
but can't see anyway to resume downloads or force it to write to disk

The way AVI encoding is handled will change in version 3.1 which I should release in the next few weeks.

However... YOU DID NOT LOSE ANYTHING!!!

All of your individual images are in "My Pictures\BackyardTemp\Downloads".

You can stack them just the same... it's the same quality.  In fact those are the images I encode into an AVI :)

Keep in mind that AVI is a 20+ year old technology... the protocol is flaky to say the least :(

Regards,

Guylain

thanks for the heads up

I'll check the temp Dir and see if I can rescue the files

will watch for the update and give that a go as well

Okay, keep me posted... oh... and feel free to post on my support forum at forum.otelescope.com.  I will a lot more quicker to get back to you that wat :)

Guylain

really appreciate the help
I managed to recover 90% of the data I thought I'd lost and got this from 12 of the best frames
really made my day when I realized all was not lost, and gave me a load of data to play with on a cloudy night

post-34443-0-27683200-1402442609_thumb.p

Looking good :)

BackyardEOS never (ever) deletes image data, I made sure of that while developing it.  This is why I can always say with confidence that you (or anyone else stumbling upon this thread) have not lost any data :)

Thank you for choosing BackyardEOS.

Guylain

getting the same issue again tonight
tried a mosaic on the moon, initially the files were converting and downloading as AVI's
but the last 7 runs are not downloading, left it sitting for 20 minutes due to cloud rolling in
but its still saying 7 frames queued, is there anything I can do or setting I can change to stop this happening
I'm quite savvy with computers and I also write code in PHP and HTML so not averse to making changes to files if needed

for now I'll use the Jpeg's to make the images I need

I can do 2 things for you...

1) I can send you a preview 0f v3.1 for you to try.

2) I can show you how to have BYE use Virtual Dub to encode the AVI automatically. 

Or we can do both?  You call :)

Guylain

Archived