NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heads up.....very cost effective LED dimmable flat screen panel.

RobH

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just received a 3m USB cable and USB (5v) mains adapter plug so I can now set up in the observatory and take some flats with it (If the power is down the lappy can provide!) - works very well, the dimming facility being very useful.  I've not tried the flats taken in anger yet but they look OK.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is probably a silly question, but if you can use a tracing light box for taking flats, could I not use an Android tablet as a light panel for taking flats?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes you can, and others have used a laptop screen - but there are caveats: the illumination may not be as even as the eye percieves it to be. On the other hand the flats it would produce are much better than nothing. Placing a sheet of white paper over the front might improve things (preferably not a lined piece of paper... :-) )

ChrisH

Archived