Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

great when you get an unexpected break in the weather

oldpink

such as last night

had a few mates over but as they were leaving about 10:30 I noticed some patches in the clouds
20 minutes later I had almost clear skies so hooked everything up and went to saturn first

a little tweak on the focus wheel and I had a big grin on my face I had Saturn looking stunning as usual
but for the first time ever sitting about the 7 o'clock mark there was a moon shining very bright

was really tempted at that point to throw the ASI on but realized that it was going to be in the streetlamp range pretty soon
so slew around to Mars which was its usual wobbly self but still a pretty sight
as viewing for me is very poor due to the streetlamps and no night vision to speak of I decided to put the camera on and do a few runs
then decided to try some DSO 's

put the Canon camera on and slew up to Arcturus and set the focus using BYEOS then moved over to M3
a quick 15s preview showed I had it pretty much centered

ran a load of 15s subs then rechecked and I was tracking really well considering I done basically no alignment
and was running on the setup from the night before
so ran a load of 30s subs then 60s then I did a load of darks and Bias to match

early results looking at M3 I did get a dim galaxy but I also noticed a lot of subs had some high cloud floating over
but none the less very happy with last night, a new M for me and Saturns moon (need to go find out which one it was)

Archived