NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pulsar Observatories

Notty

Once I decided I was in the market for an observatory I went to see Pulsar at the Knightsbridge Astro Fest earlier this year. Once there having seen the 2.2m full height dome and talked it through with Gary I was sold (it sold itself really rather than any hard sell), so later on I paid my deposit and started working on my base, the specifications of which were very well documented on their website. I was quoted a delivery timeframe of around 8 weeks which turned out to be bang on. I needed a few bits of guidance along the way and Gary always picked up the phone or called me back in a timely manner.

I decided to pay them to install it and on delivery day Gary turned up on time with his colleague and did a very efficient and professional job of installing the observatory and pier and dome drive, they also sealed all the joints which was a nice surprise as they had warned me they weren't always able to do this on the day due to conditions.

I cannot comment on post sales support yet, basically because 8 weeks on I haven't had any cause to contact them as everything is working and performing as advertised.

All in all a very positive experience so far.

• 5 months later...

My biggest single astro purchase todate and this was handled well by Pulsar, about 10 weeks from order to installation, a few supplier issues for them as they source parts from all over the world to make up the full kit. one of the pitfalls bespoke products.

Installation took a few hours by a team of two who only left once my computer was plugged in and the dome was shown working with the software, this was very reasuring and instantly highlighted an issue with my USB to serial adapter hub, however the one supplied worked fine.

Archived