Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter double shadow transit and GRS now showing

Laurie61

Just set up, a bit of cloud here but seeing looks quite steady. As above, there's a double shadow transit from around 22:20 along with the GRS. Mars is also showing its more interesting side.

I am hoping to get a decent look at Saturn tonight as so far all I've seen is a fuzzy rendition.  

A few simulations for tonight at 22:20

post-30467-0-87651800-1400361613.jpg

post-30467-0-77794200-1400361630.jpg

post-30467-0-73207700-1400361647_thumb.j

hope you get clear skies, should be I think we have all the clouds there is over Scotland tonight

Thanks , the sky cleared mostly last night but the seeing was so-so. Jupiter is getting low for me now as my western view is partially blocked by trees, I did manage to spot the spot  :smiley: and the shadow transit's but Jupiter looked monochrome last night and I could only use about 160 X. Mars put up the best showing with a dark band running from the pole (Planitia) and another around the opposite pole at 200X. Saturn looked better than I have managed to see this year with the cassini division and one band seen on the Planet at 200X but the view was hampered by a slow intermittent rippling in the atmosphere. So an OK night but nothing special, on a positive note my eq platform is still on it's original battery and still going strong. :smiley:   

Archived