Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Views of the Sunset, Full Moon and 3 Planets

stevend

All with the naked eye, I have to share.

Last night I was on an evening/night mountain bike ride, we rode new trails but with the balmy evening and skies above it became almost spiritual, even the two barn owls we saw seemed to appreciate it.

For about 5 magical miles we were riding along a ridge with the fantastic sight of an amazing sunset on our left and a full orange/red moon on the right. Life is good.

After a pub stop we then set off for home and for most of our journey we were riding towards the full moon and Saturn sitting there like its little sibling. I was pointing out the nearby Saturn and then Mars before looking round to Jupiter and then, incredibly, after 10pm you could still see the sunset in the distance.

Unfortunately by the time I got home I was just too tired to get the telescope out, but some nights you just need your eyes.

Archived