Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CCD Astro Cameras - Guide

romi

Hi there,

I wonder if a dynamic CCD Camera Guide may be helpful for the SGL community (as it is for me from time to time).

I hereby attach a small XLS file (originally from www.astrosurf.com), which I have updated a little and added

some more columns.

I suggest that anyone who has additional/corrected information, relevant to the models indicated, will fill-in that info

and/or add new-coming models, to the benefit of members that are interested in an updated view of Astro-Cameras

options.

ccd_cameras_guide_SGL.xls

Romi

I think both ATIK and SX have new camera ranges for some time.

ATIK have 400 series, One, and GP. The technical details are available from their website.

One of the columns - active optics - is more related to an additional product rather than an attribute of the cameras. Another column - self guiding - will only be present for SBIG due to their patent on that so I'd question the relevance to the group as a whole.

Max QE is really dependant on the sensor and as a single value doesn't make sense as some sensors have a narrow spike which is quoted, others have a wider range at that QE - this is also applicable to the application. If you're doing narrowband you'll be looking at the QE  for those bands for example.

Linearity would be good too. I know that the 383L and 400 series have been tested at 0.9999 or there abouts. That's useful for spectrographs.

ST4 column may be interesting to people, as would the indication if the camera has an integrated USB hub (and how many ports) - thinking about it further.. possibly if chamber is desiccated or inert gas filled may be relevant nowadays.

Hi Nick,

I know that there are new models that are yet to be included and certain that many of the figures should be corrected, that

is why I suggest that the file may be improved by us dynamically, so to have a wide and comprehensive data source for the

rest of the community.

Archived