Primary Mirror (Skywatcher Skyliner 200P) - Collimation

Forget STEP 1 Astro-baby guide. Thats mainly for reference. Your only concern is that the secondary mirror 'Philips' bolt is as central as can be, in relation to the tube of the telescope. As the Purple highlight section mentions, the offset is millimetres, nothing to worry about. I'm almost certain the Skyliner is not a telescope where you have to introduce offset to the secondary mirror!

I`m assuming since our last chat that the Star test may be off ? From what you explained to me, It appeared that everything was correct, and you understood what /why you was adjusting, But now your adjusting the Spider? 

Whenever the outcome, you'll be a master of collimating. Once its setup right, you`ll know and see/feel the difference

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Charic its been too cloudy down here in Glasgow - Just wanted to expand my knowledge in this area haha I certainly feel a lot better about it all. I'l need to pop down the shops and get a measuring tape haha feel thats all i've been doing lately buying DIY stuff - funny thing is my mothers partner is a builder haha but I prefer to have my own equipment. 

Archived