NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from sunny North London

terryc

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terry, you're fibbing. It is not sunny in N London.

Just a bit North of you.

£400 will get a fairly nice setup but I suggest you take your time to decide.

Get out and see what people are using if at all possible.

Then buy what you want, all varieties of scopes have plus and minus aspects. I suppose I pick mine on the least minus points not the biggest plus.

Will suggest if £400 is the max then allow £100-150 for additional bits. You will want 2 or 3 eyepieces pretty soon and they are £35-50 each without trouble. If you get a reflector then add in a collimator od one species or another.

There appears to be 7 London astro clubs and maybe a couple close to you in Herts or Bucks - depends on what you define as N London. Will say many of the London clubs will be the other side so not local.

If you fancy a drive up the M40 in early June is the IAS at Leamington Spa not that long off now and there will be lots of equipment to spend any money you have on and be broke again all over. Doesn't look like you can easily get onto the Fosse Way from the M40 however.

Hi Ronin

Thanks for your time

Was maybe thinking that I would spend as much as I can on a scope then buy the EP's the following month...go like that!!

Been in contact with the nearest club to me. They meet up only a couple of miles from me. There are a couple more I am looking at, so will pop along to have a look.

Re IAS, do people tend to meet up at these shows??  The timing could be good for me!!

Terry

Archived