Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27. OSC and L , old and new data

lensman57

Hi,

I had some half decent OSC data ( for a beginner that is ) of M27  from July 2103 which was taken using an SW ED80 and then my newly aquired Atik 428 EXC. Last Saturday night after finishing the run ( more like abandoning ) on M64 as it dissapeared behind the trees I turned the SW Quattro on to M27 and decided to collect some LUM data . I took 7 subs of 450s using the Atik 314L+ and an IDAS P2 filter, only 4 of the subs were usable as it really does light up early now. Tonight I decided to combine the data and add the LUM and see what I would get. I wasn't sure if PI was able to do the job as the scales were very different but the Star alignment worked and the rest was just plain processing. Anyway here is the result and I hope that you like it. I would really like to collect some more Ha data to bring out the very faint wing like outer halo at some stage. Usual calibration frames were used.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-83511600-1398724268_thumb.p

Archived