Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Will this work??

May I ask, what's the function of spacers?? Don't I just shove the CC in the focuser and go...?

Also, I heard some reviews on very long structure forming when using a CC and a big eyepiece... :) More like another scope growing on the side of the reflector...

The spacers are essential for optimal performance. The coma corrector only works to eliminate coma optimally when the spacing is right  ( to cut a long story short ).  A bit of slack here or there, some say +/- 2,3 mm is not that much of a a biggy, though some other say it sure makes a difference  in their tests to get it as close as possible for it to perform optimally, and that even a 2 mm can make a noticeable difference in how well the CC works.  I suspect it will also come down to observer and how finely attuned they are to see  that sort of fine detail to see that and how good skies are. 

Just popping in an eyepiece isn't going to work, though by luck it may bring some improvements  already depending how close you are to the optimum spacing, you just would not be extracting anything like the best from the coma corrector in what it is supposed to deliver.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived