Ceres and Vesta Widefield

Finished with work at 10:30pm tonight and I knew that clouds were rolling in. Not enough time to setup the scope and to be honest with the problems I have had the last few times out, I didn't want to mess with it. So I just put the 1100D on the tripod and took some wide field images. I managed this one between the clouds and got Ceres and Vesta.

VESTA_LIGHT_15s_1600iso_f4-5_55f_00328st

After close study of the pics and trying to get the closest FOV off of Stellarium I think I got them. 

Screenshot2.png

I will try for this again during the next clear night. I am amazed that I was able to capture it at all. 

At first I focused on Mars and then swung the camera towards what I thought was the general direction of Vesta and took 25, 15 second images.

Nothing really looked familiar on Stellarium so I adjusted to the North/ Northeast and took another 25 images and headed inside to warm up. This image was the first of the batch and in the last 24 frames, clouds rolled in and they are all rubbish. So out of 25 images this is the first and last I managed of Vesta and Ceres. 

Archived