NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASI120MC issue

Perene

ASI120MC: I started capturing an object inside my house (it was a plant 1 km far from my building on daylight, around 12 PM, and later the camera stopped recording any image (it was not focusing anything). I used a Maksutov 90mm. Is there something wrong with capturing things at this period or perhaps the Sunlight interfered after a while?

I had the same problem using Sharpcap or Firecapture.

In the beginning, the camera even recorded twice, it was all OK, but as I said, after a while it didn't showed any image from what was outside my house.

I know this is a planetary webcam for use at night and for astronomical use, but it was recording just fine when I tested this way.

P.S. I haven't tested at night yet. Perhaps when the Sun light interfered a little more the camera didn't recognize any image from that area anymore? I didn't point the camera to the Sun, but the area where I was recording had Sun light over the objects.

Another problem is the BUGCODE USB bluescreen in Windows 7. Sometimes it happens all of sudden. Is there a way to fix this for good?

Check you are using the latest version of sharpcap and firecapture , also use the asi driver from the support website and not the one on the supplied disk...

Check that the turbo USB setting is no higher than 85 on sharpcap or firecapture.

Also... Is your USB port usb3? The cam isn't compatible.

good luck :-)

Update: I adjusted the focus (it was completely wrong, don't know how but I messed here) but the image doesn't seem sharp (and has lost most of its colour, now you can barely see any) compared to the first attempt.

First attempt: http://i.imgur.com/6t5OC2q.jpg

Considering this camera is intended for a night sky perhaps trying to capture an object from Earth depending on the angle, the incidence of Sunlight and even the telescope (low aperture, 90mm) used, this was not a good idea for a first test. I'll try with the Moon next month (for the next days it's invisible between 6-10 PM).

Check you are using the latest version of sharpcap and firecapture , also use the asi driver from the support website and not the one on the supplied disk...

Check that the turbo USB setting is no higher than 85 on sharpcap or firecapture.

Also... Is your USB port usb3? The cam isn't compatible.

good luck :-)

How do you check for this "turbo USB setting"?

I have both Firecapture and Sharpcap here.

P.S. The image above shows 2 dark spots in the capture. These are from the camera itself. They will be cleaned, I am purchasing a specific tissue and Isopropyl alcohol as recommended by the store tutorial for cleaning it.

you will find the moon is a very bright target, brighter than most terrestrial targets
don't worry about daytime usage, I do it all the time to test settings or look at Jupiter in daytime in a clear blue sky

basic settings are normally

Exp - depending on what you are shooting

Gain - 40 - 50 depending
brightness - 7

Turbo USN 80 - 85

these are in the dropdown menu if firecapture right below the exposure

on SC2 they are down the right hand side

Archived