Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

starshoot 5mp or ...............

pipsquip

I have at the moment got a starshootIV imager and I am thinking about getting another camera I like the price of the starshoot 5mp . Has anyone got one and is it worth buying . The only thing I don't like about the starshoot IV is its power/ focal length its equivalent to a 5 mm eyepiece .is the 5 mp version the same or am I better of looking at some thing else ?

It's not an equivalent to a 5 mm eyepiece. Such comparison aren't good for any camera. And for given pixel size you pick the best f-ratio so even Starshoot IV can have optimal imaging settings (like f/14 or bit more for 3.6 pixels)  - unless the scope has slower f-ratio than the camera requires :).

There are ASI120MM cameras which are good and relatively inexpensive ;)

I think the place to start would be to explain why you'd like to replace the SSIV, what you want to use the camera for and what your budget is (assuming it's any different from the ~£180 that the Neximage 5MP costs).

Even then, given that Celestron have just announced two new planetary imaging cameras I'd probably hang around to see what prices they sell for and how that affects the market unless you're desperate to have a replacement next week.

James

I am going by what is stated in the manual I have noticed that when I use it I have to set the tracking speed at x1.25 and not the usual x0.5

Every camer needs good tracking to keep the planet in field of view. Camera may not be the "problem" of your setup.

Archived