Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

S@N Feb Photoplus 8

mcut

i don't image (yet) but use Serif Photoplus 8 to adjust my digital photos.

i post here as i wonder whether anyone has used Photoplus 8 that comes free on the cover disc of Feb S@N magazine, it has levels, curves, layers colour balance etc.

i do not fully understand all of the features but think this might be worth a "road test" for imagers for processing.

it seems to get good reviews online.

I used to use Serif software quite a few years back now, but the biggest negative was, that once you register with Serif, they pester you at every opportunity.

Fortunatley, they've forgotten about me now, but I certainly wouldn't go near Serif again.

The software was reasonable value for money, but the company were a 'pain in the butt'.

Dave

• 1 year later...

Hi, Take my advice and forget Serif software for astro image processing. After being advised by serif that it had 95% of photoshop CS4 capabilities, I bought there latest photoplus X3 and frankly it's a big dissapointed. It runs slow, has very poor raw file conversion and missing key attributes. Might be ok for jpeg processing and for daylight images but very poor RAW file conversion even with daylight images. Adobe photoshop elements is excellent for around the same price and can be down loaded for a free 30 day trial.

Clear skies hopefully

David

Archived