Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lodestar Live Version 0.8 (Beta) Download

Paul81

Don - Thanks so much. I do have a T mount and it fits right over the HS and I have the 1.25" so I'm all set. Unfortunately, I'm clouded out here in Houston for the next few days. Hopefully, I'll have okay skies on Monday, else not until a week from Saturday.  Wouldn't you know when I have 2 weeks off from work the skies are nothing but clouds.

Thanks for the help. I'm excited.

Good Morning, Mac.

I think it's a 42mm (1.65") t thread. I reviewed the Starizona manual and it indicated a backfocus for the C11 of 2.35". I think what I posted yesterday will work. The adapter is simple. A female t thread to male SCT that Scopestuff sells and then a 1.25" visual back that will position the LS sensor at 2.35" from the HS mounting threads. You probably have a visual back, but Scopestuff sells them, too. Once you have the 1.25" holder you can just use a c mount nosepiece on the LS that will accept 1.25" filters.

Do you have a t mount for a DSLR? That should screw onto your HS to see if it's a t mount thread.

Don

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Paul,

I've been doing some reading and it does appears that the Fastar will get over exposed pretty quick with light pollution. Hopefully the Ha filter will help. I can't wait for some clear skies to test. The fastar with LS and LL seems perfect for EAA. I'm hooked on first try.

I can't reiterate how awesome your software is. I am a newbie but your software put a huge smile on my face on the first try. It is very easy even for someone like myself who is just getting into the hobby. This should be a huge tool for outreach to young kids. Thank you.

Hi Mac4Lyfe,

Welcome to the group! Nice set of first images there. I would echo what the others have commented regarding the over exposure, and I would guess it is a factor of the really fast F2 optics. In some ways, thats a nice problem to have! Lol!.

I use an Astronomik CLS filter (its a visual one) in most of my EAA, and I also use some of my other visual filters but the CLS tends to be the most universal. Don has also convinced me to pick up a Ha filter, so I'll be getting one of those at the next UK astro convention in Feb.

Glad you are enjoying the software and are finding it easy to use!  :grin:

Archived