Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New scope for £350 - £400

Usually on the 200P it will accept a 2" or a 1.25" eyepiece.

In the focuser is an adaptor or some such thing.

It looks as it it should be there and for 1.25" eyepiece it shouldn't.

Just about everyone leaves it in and then the 1.25" eyepiece cannot sit at the right position, it is too far back and distance objects cannot be focused only near ones.

They really should colour them and say pull out the red one and insert the blue one or similar.

Can see the picture, just not a clue what I am looking at. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Have a good look at the focuser and see if anything can gently be pulled out of it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If that doesn't work buy a refractor. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Always said Newton got it wrong and Galileo was on the right track. :eek:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the pic, you have both the 2" & 1.25" adaptors installed, but I'm guessing you have this sorted, as you can now focus.

The image is correct, this is due to the mirrors. When used at night, it has no effect on viewing experience, as you have no horizon for reference & when imaging you can flip the image, during editing.

As said above, the inverted image is quite correct and normal for a newtonian. 

You photo shows that you have both the 1.25" and 2" eyepiece adapters in the scope at the same time. You need to use one or the other (depending on the eyepiece size you are using) but not both together otherwise you will find that you will not be able to bring astro objects to focus.

Yeah thanks chaps. Had my first viewing last night.... Log cabin. Hot tub. Balcony..... And clouds. Mars kept teasing me and when I did get to see it I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be, was similar to my last 70mm refractor. But maybe it was really bad seeing with the weather..... One more question (for now). Is there no magical apparatus to use to correct the image and flip it? I know it's not a big deal but just curious.

Archived