Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A step closer...!

Hi there, you may remember me: I joined just after the BBC's last Stargazing Live event earlier this year. Looking to get into AP, despite ppl's warnings!

Three years ago I thought I'd buy a sub-£100 scope, that gradually worked it's way to a Celestron (?) SCT at about twice the price... before I actually made a move though I registered here and bought Every Photon Counts. I think that was as good a move as everyone says it is because having read it cover to cover, I have just ordered a Skywatcher Explorer 200P on an EQ5 mount

I have the same setup
did you get the Goto version of the EQ5 it makes life a lot easier esp if you move over to AP

I'm very pleased with the planetary images I'm getting esp as I only started this in Feb this year

anyway good luck and clear skies

Hi oldpink, no at the moment it's just a manual EQ5. A GOTO would have delayed the purchase lol and the upgrade kit while maybe overall more expensive is something I can buy later.

Plus, I'd like to attempt to get to know the sky, and how to navigate it, first... at least, that's where I'm at right now!

Archived