Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star Parties

AstroTiger

Hi Guys,

We all know of the Kelling star party and the kilder. Great opportunities to meet, talk, network and learn.

I have for sometime been wanting to get a small group of ppl together within northants, where we can go camping one a month, And observe.

Idea is we go on a Sat. Obv if its cloudy and awful we know to meet in the pub (venue to be decided)

Otherwise its scopes off to some remote place.

This is not to compete with Kelling (like we could anyway)

But i think it could be fun. I got quiet few interested at the moment, so hence the line of enquiry

Does anyone know of an ideal area for this within northants?Dont mind paying a small amount to a farmer even for the use of their field for a night or two

any advise greafully appreciated,

Many thanks

Alastair

Alastair do you know Brixworth country park, if so what do you think about going there.

My thinking is that its easy to travel too, we have accommodation where we can have a drink if cloudy but access to the park to observe if not.

I have made an initial phone and they said its £15 per person per night which might be a bit expensive but was wondering what you thought.

Normally i am for camping but Mrs was thinking of coming and it is cold at moment but let me know what you think.

Luke

£15 quid is abs fine. I have no problems with that

For me i need to act get a tent! i have other silly things like a mobile BBQ and a stove willetc. Need to build up more

Act in time what i was ultimately thinking of as well was a reservoir type of area, u know a fishing venue, somewhere like that would be good too.

But no £15 a night is fine, its only a once a month thing anyway!

There r other things we can do. Another idea was taking it in turns to host a "party" for the cloudy nights. Then meeting up and legging it to a decent venue on a clear one.

Could be the start of something good i think!

is this the link to which you refer luke?

http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/Leisure/Countryside/brixworth.htm

the location

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=country+park&near=Brixworth,+Northampton&fb=1&view=text&latlng=52315826,-895999,9163182919799087259

need to be aware of the big chill factor, but then that astronomy for you. Wrap up warm i guess

Yeah thats the one, i think they do fishing on the resevoir as well. I only say as you said you were into it.

It might be nice to try it even as a one off, I am happy to have people round but will need a month to let my new grass grow a bit more. i do have a bit of a patio area though and if its cloudy inside for a few beers.

Archived