NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DID IT!... i think...EQ5 ST4/GPUSB/SPC900 = guide capable....right?...

Right then my SPC900 finder adapter came from modern astronomy today so i then fitted my DEC motor to my EQ5 installed the SPC900 to my SW 9x50, soldered the ST4 conversion kit to my dual motor handset, and just tried connecting it all up to PHD2 just to see if it all connects ok, to make sure i done the soldering ok and there are no problems along the line.....

in PHD2 my SPC900 and GPUSB are both recognised ok and connect, but for the AO i cant get it to connect? i selected sxAO but nothing so i selected "none" and that seemed ok, my question is do i need AO to guide? or what is AO? in PHD the SPC900 is working as i done a quick test of putting my hand in front of the 9x50 and it went black, pointed to the sky and it went white? so does this mean im ready to guide when i find a star tonight?

all the best

Archived