Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SW 200p and attaching 2" LPfilter to DSLR

Hi all

I'm wondering what other 200p owners use to attach a LP filter. I've ordered a 2" Hutech LPS-D1 to go with my canon 1100d (unmodded ti start with).

I already have a low profile t-ring from modernastronomy which is great and gives lots of room to focus. I simply clip that on the DSLR body then screw into the focuser assembly. Il

So when I get my 2" filter I'm thinking I will need a t adaptor to house the filter inside? This correct? What about length and room to focus? I have ordered a 2" t adaptor and a low profile 2" ep connector to replace the existing long 2" ep adaptor. I hope this combo will be fine?

Thanks, Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the adaptor is threaded so should be fine. Just wondered if anyone else has a similar setup with the 200p. I'm guessing I've got it right as far as focus is concerned. The filter is on back order so I've got a long wait to find out. Around 10 days or so.

I guess I'll find out when I get it all. :) I'm sure I will get it all sorted. Excited to try out the new filter. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived