Good evening everyone...!

Tom2012

Hello. How are you all?

I've just tried imaging some star trails. I've had a good read around the intent and especially this site with regards to setting etc.

I went out earlier for about 20 mind or d just experimenting. What I did find out though is the camera (Sony a200) took about 5-10 seconds to process the picture. I had my camera on JPEG just for experimental purposes. The shutter speed was at 30 seconds and I tried to capture as soon as possible but because the camera took ages to process I had a few gaps in between the images.

How do you all get around the image process and are able to take photos one after the other? I've tried in bulb mode, it takes just as long but with a very quick shutter speed it's almost instant.

I'm sorry too sound silly! Hah thanks for your help.

Tom.

Hi, has it got a "noise reduction" option in one of its menus, if it has and it is turned on, turn it off and try again.

Hello davefrance. Thank you for your reply. I'll have you have a look. It's got a n image stabilising mode but I did turn that off. I'll give your idea a go.

Thank you for your reply and help.

Tom.

I've checked my Ido settings and just for a test I left it on 100, turned image stabilising off and had it on complete manual, still doing it. Hmmmm ill have yo have a good mess around!

Thank you for all your help.

Tom.

Hello everyone. Just a quick update. I was looking in the wrong place! Hah my Long Ex NR setting was on!!! It was in the main menu I'd just over looked it. Thank you so much for all your help! Tom

Glad you found it.

Archived