NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help required , EQ5 goto upgrade problem.

Robbo AR

Hi guys / gals

I've recently upgraded to the Syscan goto system on my EQ5 and I've found that when slewing the RA motors make a grinding sound and slip (I stop the slew as soon as it starts). I'm assuming that I've meshed the gears wrong as the scope was balanced.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Are there any tips for meshing the gears correctly - or could it be that something else might be causing the problem?
The manual is worse than useless and I can't seem to find any mention of this issue online anywhere.

HALP !

Hopefully you have it sorted by now, but just in case....

When I added motors to both my mounts EQ3 and EQ5, I added the parts but did not tighten the motor bolts down until I had run a slew to allow the gears/motors to find their own sweet spot. 

Then I nipped things up.

Totally silent running and no slip.

I'd slacken off the motor bolts to release pressure against the shafts and then make a run before final tightening.

Best,

Rich

Archived