NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Barlow lens

Bonjour everyone,

I recently replaced my 2x Barlow lens that I got with my Skywatcher scope with a Revelation Astro 2.5x. This is a lovely piece but I don't know how to connect it to the T-ring of my canon camera... The cheaper lens can be screwed to the t-ring but the

Revelation hasn't got any screw...

My question may sound dumb to some of you, but what do I have to do ? In fact the description is: 3-element 2.5Barlow but as far as I can see, when I take it apart, there are only 2 elements.

Thank you for your help :-)

Ben

Most Barlows don't have a t-thread - the SW one is a bit of an exception. You'll need a t-thread nosepiece for your camera to allow it to be used with that Barlow. You also need to check if it can reach focus with that particular combination.

One of the lenses will be a cemented doublet, hence 3 'elements'.

Not sure what your options are if the barlow doesn't already come with a suitable thread, my 2x Televue (2") Powermate separates into two halves and the optical bit can be screwed into an M42 adapter (available at extortionate extra cost of course). If connecting to a camera then I assume this is a 2" barlow? You can get a nosepiece that is M42 on one end, and 2" on the other (which would slip into the barlow), while the M42 will screw into a canon T-ring.

ChrisH

try if you can unscrew the barlow-lens off your t-threaded barlow and use the rest as a nose piece. Mine does that. 

thanks for the tip

I can screw my SW barlow into my canon or ASI camera, but it means a lot of swapping about when changing camera's

now I can have the Barlow connected to one and a nose piece on the other camera and just swap the lens

Archived