NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Good starter binoculars

entropia

After going to the countryside on the weekend, I have realized that it is easier to bring a pair of binoculars than my telescope. I  would like to purchase a new pair since I have a cheap 7x50. I have found these options, what do you think about them? what do you recommend? 

Celestron SkyMaster Giant 15x70 Binoculars with Tripod Adapter

List Price: $119.95 Price: $58.99 FREE ShippingDetails You Save: $60.96 (51%)

Only 8 left in stock (more on the way).
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Want it tomorrow, Feb. 28? Order within 2 hrs 4 mins and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

• Multi-coated optics
  • Large aperture perfect for low light conditions and stargazing
  • Tripod adapter
  • 13 mm (0.51 in) long eye relief ideal for eyeglass wearers
  • Diopter adjustment for fine focusing

option 2:

Bushnell Falcon 10x50 Wide Angle Binoculars (Black)

List Price: $54.95 Price: $34.85 FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details You Save: $20.10 (37%)

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Want it tomorrow, Feb. 28? Order within 4 hrs 18 mins and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

• Boasts durable design and rubberized, abrasion-resistant finish
  • Porro prism and coated lenses provide sharp viewing
  • 10X magnification, 50-Millimeter lens diameter, and auto focusing Porro prism
  • 25-Feet close focusing distance, 27-Ounce weight
  • 9-Millimeter eye relief and 5-Millimeter exit pupil, 300-Feet field of view at 1000 yards

Quite a bit of info on here if you search about the Celestrons some good, some indifferent. You will need a tripod for them though unless you are Arnie? I have a set and like them a lot, mine were collimated fine. Good views in them but had to get a stronger adapter as the supplied one was not so great.

Archived