NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

dew strap storage

Hi all,

I bought dew straps last year and they were such a great purchase I tend to use them every time I set up.  I don't have a permanent set up so I set up and tear down every time.

In the last month I have had two fail with shorts.  I'm guessing this is partly due to them no being left in place.  I usually just wind them up and tuck the cable inside (as they came), but two failing in a month and both after a year makes me wonder if I am not doing something wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions for storage of these things or have I just been unlucky?

Cheers

Ross

Looks like I may have to brush up on my sewing skills the soldering I can cope with  :wink:

To me looks it looks like the cable is not clamped at all where it joins the strap, making it susceptible to twisting and putting quite a stress on the joints.  

I need to take one apart and have a look.

Cheers

Ross

Archived