Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

JPEG to TIFF?

tingting44

Unfortunately I don't think it will, the 'damage has already been done.'

What I mean by that is that jpegs are lossy files so some information may have already been lost in converting and saving. Also, IIRC each successive opening and save degrades them. Converting will help preserve any remaining information present but I don't think it will improve it.

Actually, just reread your question and may have misinterpreted it - are you saying you've just batched 1000 files to TIFF instead of Jpeg? If so I don't see any issue other than the increase in file size. TIFFs are often favourable over JPEG for being lossless files.

Hope that makes sense.

Unfortunately I don't think it will, the 'damage has already been done.'

What I mean by that is that jpegs are lossy files so some information may have already been lost in converting and saving. Also, IIRC each successive opening and save degrades them. Converting will help preserve any remaining information present but I don't think it will improve it.

Actually, just reread your question and may have misinterpreted it - are you saying you've just batched 1000 files to TIFF instead of Jpeg? If so I don't see any issue other than the increase in file size. TIFFs are often favourable over JPEG for being lossless files.

Hope that makes sense.

Hey Lee thanks for the quick reply, yes i batched JPEG's to TIFF's by accident, but ill just delete the JPEGS by the sounds of it and keep the TIFF's then :) thanks Lee

all the best

Martin

Archived