Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

replacement binocular end caps

RT65CB-SWL

Hi all,

Several years ago, my late step-father presented me with his Sony 7x50 binoculars. The only thing that was missing from them is the end caps for the objectives and the eyepieces and would like to know where is the best place to "try before you buy" and purchase replacement end caps. The dimensions are the following:-

objectives = 62mm*  &  eyepices = 33mm* 

I have had a look at 'ebay' before posting this, as you may know somewhere better. Other site(s) I have had a look at, are those that make vinyl end caps. I suppose no harm in trying to persuade them in and trying to send x2 of each as a sample  :blush: , (most of them limit x1 sample)   :huh2: , and have a minimum quantity/order at least x50   :ohmy:  ,create an account, agree to contract and T&C's  :evil5: etc. 

* these are the external diameters and a snug fit!   :biggrin:

Thank you for reading whilst it is  :clouds1: and :clouds2: in GB/UK. :bino1:  :bino2:

The only thing that was missing from them is the end caps for the objectives and the eyepieces

Someone I know found that the screw-caps from milk-bottle cartons where a perfect fit for his charity-shop 8x40 eyepieces. Worth experimenting.

Give David Tatton from A10 Optics a call. 01366 308108. I'd be surprised if he couldn't put you right.

I'll try that for a few "needs" I have. Thanks!

Archived