Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Last night 25/01/08

LaVey

started keeping a log of the nights observing and imaging, thought i would i would share:

took about 30 mins to set up.. got scope leveled and did a 2 star align with 2 calib stars.. all my objects appeared where they should be!! wow, really have got this set up thing working.. lol

22.00 viewed m110 - faint smudge..

22.18 - found eta cas - first double star!, imaged with k3

22.25 - eta cas imaged with envisage (both these images not really any good, the lpi is deffo no good for stars and dso

22.30, m103, imaged with envisage - need a focal reducer !! nice cluster.. need to view/image some more of these...

23.00 m42 - envisage and k3 test with and without neb filter, first envisage with neb filter on m420001, second with off m420003.. both 60 images at 4 seconds - no nebulosity! :D

23.05 test of 15 second exposures, 48 x 15 seconds, very grainy.. some nebulosity.. will deffo need some new kit for deep space stuff.. the lpi doesnt cut it!

23.17 mars - k3, very wobbly.. nothing nice

23.55 hit saturn - k3, some nice looking capture with x3 barlow

00.12 couple of moon shots, near terminator, double crater - looked up with moon map and annotated.

00.30... bed.. damn cold, few too many beers ..:D

Archived