NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Neq6 to laptop lead?

Are you going to connect the pc to the mount through the handset or do you want to do away with it?

If you want to get rid of the handset altogether and use EQMod then you would need something like the Hitec Astro EQDIR modules available from suppliers like FLO

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomy-cables-leads-accessories/hitecastro-eqdir-adapter.html

Of course if you are  handy with a soldering iron and have the time  then you could build your own...

Peter...

Hi guys another question for you ive found a 9 pin rs232 to usb cable on eBay can I use this to control my neq6 pro mount via the laptop or is there another lead? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what you want to do.

If you want to control the mount by connecting the laptop to the synscan handcontroller, and have the firmare update cable that came with the mount, then a usb-232 cable is what you need. Plug the firmware update cable into the handet and connect the usb-232 cable to the other end. The use either the celestron ascom diver or place the handset into pc-direct mode and use the EQMOD ascom driver.

However, if you want to connect directly to the mount and remove the handset altogether then you need an eqdirect. The mount may have a 9 way D but this is not a RS232 interface and using a RS232 adapter may damage you're mount.

Chris

I bought a £1.85 USB to RS232 that connects from my laptop to my Synscan handset

this allows me to use EQmod on my mount with no issues from my laptop once I sorted out the port No

really is it like the ones I've been looking at on eBay have you got a link thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived