Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron 130 SLT & Skywatcher Explorer 130 Synscan

Hi

Looking at pictures of these scopes it looks like they both might have problems panning up to view objects high up close to the zenith due to the scope hitting the top of the tripod.

Does anyone know roughly what angle they can pan up to?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

I can only speak for the SLT 130, but I reckon that you can easily observe something at 70 - 75 degrees or so. If you are using the GoTo facility, it will tell you if the object you've selected is beyond its slew limits. If you are just using the controller to 'manually' go to an object, you have to be a bit careful.

TBH, I've never found this to be a problem. Planning out a session will normally have me checking the location of an object so that I can either view it before or after it's near zenith.

Hi

Looking at pictures of these scopes it looks like they both might have problems panning up to view objects high up close to the zenith due to the scope hitting the top of the tripod.

Does anyone know roughly what angle they can pan up to?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Of course its your call, but if I found that any telescope could not access the whole sky, I'd not even consider it. 

There are enough restrictions as it is, cloud, light pollution, without adding any more.

Your mileage may vary  :smiley:

Regards, Ed.

Archived