Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Teleskop Service 100APO

Hi folks, does anyone have any opinions on the TS 100mm quadruplet?

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p6478_TS-100mm-f-5-8-Quadruplet-APO-Astrograph---FPL-53-APO-Objektiv---100-580mm.html

The 65mm counterpart seems to get rave reviews from owners, albeit after issues with pinched optics in earlier models, but I am struggling to find any impartial comment whatsoever on the 100mm. :confused:

Am I right in thinking 'TS Optics' are made by APM, or is that wishful thinking on my part?

thanks

DD

Somebody posted an image from one of these a few months ago but I can't remember who it was or where it was. It looked very good indeed. As an FSQ enthusiast I had a darned good look at it and couldn't fault it.

The image circle isn't as big as the Tak but it's quite generous. (88mm for the Tak and 49 for the TS.) 49mm easily covers full frame, which needs about 46. It's not quite as fast, either, but it's still not bad.

I suppose direct competition would come from a used Tak FSQ106N Fluorite such as the ones working here. Price would probably be simlilar. I wouldn't have a strong prefence either way, I don't think.

I expect TS source their optics from a variety of places.

Olly

wishful thinking.

most come out of china some like the 120ed are stright from synta and the same as that used buy them. there are similar options from altair astro although not so much choice with possibly better quality assurance.

there are some APM scopes on TS for what its worth that have simpler cheaper optics though its not clear were they are sourced.

personally I am a bit wary of all these same similar like type refractors. even though I find them appealing price wise. I would rather but a synta altair or tak and know it will have a known resale value. In other words would you buy a car not knowing what it would be worth in three years when you felt like trading it in.

Thanks for that folks. Yes, the brand is pretty much an unknown quantity. Not that I would buy any scope without extensively reading forums and reviews first, but you can buy a scope badged Takahashi with some confidence. Although I do feel the 580mm focal length of the TS100 is about as low as I'd want to go with my CCD (SXVF-H16), the FSQ is not much less than that. With regards 49mm image circle, IIRC I am currently getting that from my R200SS and it covers my 4000 chip fine.

Archived