NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Book for the Southern Hemisphere

vvsloan

Hi everyone,

I'm desperate for a stargazing with binocular book for the Southern Hemisphere, particularly this one 'Stargazing For Beginners: A Binocular Tour of the Night Sky. Southern Hemisphere edition' but cant find any such book for sale from the UK anywhere. Even the almighty Amazon doesnt stock one. Please, if anyone knows where I could get such a book at short notice it'd be much appreciated,

Thanks!

Have you tried ABE Books, a second hand book search engine?

Olly

Edit, I'd also try searching under slightly variant names since I find Amazon often doesn't pick up on the most complete version of a name. I don't know why not but I've had this a few times..

Have you tried ABE Books, a second hand book search engine?

Olly

Edit, I'd also try searching under slightly variant names since I find Amazon often doesn't pick up on the most complete version of a name. I don't know why not but I've had this a few times..

Thanks Olly, I'll give it a go.

I've dredged Amazon (and Google) thoroughly with innumerable variations, and word combinations, nothing. Cant find anything anywhere, it's weird!

At the risk of unseemly self-promotion, my "Binocular Astronomy" also covers southern hemisphere. Alternatively, you could stick your location parameters into the Object Search option on my web site and lots should come up.

On the batphone, so expect weird autocorrect

At the risk of unseemly self-promotion, my "Binocular Astronomy" also covers southern hemisphere. Alternatively, you could stick your location parameters into the Object Search option on my web site and lots should come up.

On the batphone, so expect weird autocorrect

Its not unseemly self-promotion if its  good, which by all accounts it is ;)  (Plus, you're site has been indispensable to me:)

+1 for Tonkin and Harrington, but also check out Stephen James O'Meara's bincocular book ( http://www.amazon.co...92073693&sr=1-4 ) and his Southern Gems book ( http://www.amazon.co...92073757&sr=1-5 )

Saw the Gems of the Southern Sky one, it looks wonderful but the price tag unfortunately renders it out of my reach (same reason Steves is still only on my mental wish list). Cant go above £15. I'm probably asking the impossible with that budget.

Looks like I'll have to stick to reading and printing off relevant online material..

Hey Crebles,

Me and d kiddies depart on the 24th february.

Some wonderful SGL member has given me for free his pdf copy of 'The One Minute Astronomer southern skies book' Which is really wonderful, but to print off in its entirety would be worth more than me in ink I reckon (tho relevent pages are gonna be invaluable, I'm sure, printed off)....but what else did you have in mind?....:)

Archived