Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Webcam

Geuse

Hi All,

I have been very keen to get into imaging for a long time, although before i got too serious i felt i wanted to get to know the night sky better first and i dont intend to take the imaging side too serious for quite some time.

I did however concede and bought myself an Orion Starshoot USB Camera 2 and i just wondered if anyone had tried one out before and if so what like? I am not under any illusions as to what it will be able to do at the price it is, i did however want to take some planetary shots so i could practice with registax and light room.

Thanks for any advice/tips or feedback.

P.s Being into astronomy in the UK sucks.

Hi All,

I have been very keen to get into imaging for a long time, although before i got too serious i felt i wanted to get to know the night sky better first and i dont intend to take the imaging side too serious for quite some time.

I did however concede and bought myself an Orion Starshoot USB Camera 2 and i just wondered if anyone had tried one out before and if so what like? I am not under any illusions as to what it will be able to do at the price it is, i did however want to take some planetary shots so i could practice with registax and light room.

Thanks for any advice/tips or feedback.

P.s Being into astronomy in the UK sucks.

Just go for it.  You learn a lot more by trying and then asking questions.  Once you have the data -- get as much as you can -- you can experiment for as long as it takes.

Archived