NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Telrad on Mak 127

I am thinking of getting a red dot style finder to go on my 127 alongside my 9x50 finder.

The Telrad seems to get rave reviews from people and does interest me but it looks massive.

Would it be too much for my Mak? Is a rigel quickfinder a better solution?

Ilove1995, do you have a finder as well.

James.. I have a loan at the moment cause it helps look through the light pollution imo.. could be in my head though. I was actually thinking of getting a RACI one ad well in the future.

I have never seen the need for an image corrected one, that is the one part of astronomy i don't have much trouble with, flipping the image in my head. But we are all different.

However, on my 180 mak i often found the right angled eye piece invariable pointed at the ground in some positions, or pointed at the zenith, so was really trick to look down without doing odd manoeuvres.

My new scope has a straight through finder which is dead easy to use, wherever the scope is pointing (other than at the zenith). I saw in the feb 2014 issue of the s@n mag a device which allowed you to attach two finder scopes to one shoe, so you could fit a straight through and a right angled together.... I largely hope my goto is accurate and i don't have to rely in star charts though!

I've got a red dot finder but never used it. I probably should sell it on, but imm a bit of an astro-horder.

Jd

Ilove1995, do you have a finder as well.

James.. I have a loan at the moment cause it helps look through the light pollution imo.. could be in my head though. I was actually thinking of getting a RACI one ad well in the future.

No, I just use the telrad on my 127 & C8 also. Works really well on both scopes.

Archived