NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Banding in image

Large scale banding seen in the upper right? What's odd is that it isn't quite orthognal with the chip. There's a slight slope from lower left to upper right, would you say?

Have you tried with and without flats? Just wondering if they might be introducing the effect.

I haven't seen this before.

Olly

Large scale banding seen in the upper right? What's odd is that it isn't quite orthognal with the chip. There's a slight slope from lower left to upper right, would you say?

Have you tried with and without flats? Just wondering if they might be introducing the effect.

I haven't seen this before.

Olly

Thats the one.......I'm begining to think its ment to be there? i.e part of the image. I will try a no-flat stack to see what happens.

Interestingly I did a traditional stack i.e light, dark, flat, bias and the flat didnt work. But using a bad pixel map, flat and bias as a dark, the flat works.! who knows!!!

All is well in the Holland household tonight - problem sorted.

SigmaCombinedFiles_DBE_filtered_web.png

I just ran the original stack with the original flats through a different stacking program (just to see) and no banding!...mind you its a very slow program, I had time to go down to the obs and shoot another set of (unused) flats and make a cuppa....but if it works.............................

Good that it's gone. Flats can spontaneously combust and, for no reason at all, stop doing what they always did in the past.

Lovely deep dust. Where are we?

Olly

This is a wide view of LBN 777, it was ment to be LRGB but illness and weather may have seen that off untill next season.

Archived