Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Planetary Processing Question

Hey Everyone, I'm not sure if this is possible but I am using Photoshop CS2 to try and process my planetary images a little better than the usual registax only process that I hav been doing since I spoke with Pete (Theo). So I have been watching tutorials on adjustment layers in Photoshop.

Now I have a series of images of Jupiter that I would like to put into an animation if they all turn out ok. I have processed the first 2, one of which is the way I want it to look in that the colour is (IMO) quite natural. The second one I cannot get (using colour balance adjustment layer and a few other adjustment layers) to look exactly like the first. The first image is my reference image colour wise. Now I did process that in PSCS2 also but like an amateur fool who has only just started to use Photoshop I did not make a note of any of the settings I just messed around with levels, curves and colour balance, hue/saturation adjustment layers and unsharp until I was happy and clicked save!

Here is the question: is there a way in Photoshop to colour match each picture so that they all have the same general colour across the disc so that when I put them into an animation the planet doesn't appear to keep changing colour??

Thanks

Archived