Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What am I missing?

With in the next 12-18 months I am hoping to have my observatory built and my new setup installed. I've been able to choose the more obvious equipement that is needed but need some help on making sure I have the "extras" included on my buy list. I hate starting something to find out I need a new item to make everything work properly. So here's my list so far:

Obsy: ROR Type
Mount: AP900
Scope: C11 EdgeHD
Reducer: ???? Need some suggestions as I found several options
CCD: SBIG 2000XM w/ LRGB
Guide cam: Dual chip from SBIG 2000XM
Software: CCDOps,Maxim,CS5

Thats all I've got so far. My main targets in imaging will be galaxies and PNs. I'm not sure what else I will need as far extra bits and pieces that might seem small but really help in the way of imaging, both for ease and quality. I won't be using this set up for visual use so not interested in those kind of bits.

Feel free to add or suggest anything that would make life easier or improve my imaging.

Thanks,
Nik

Sounds like a fun project! Not that imm jealous at all.....

Out of interest, why have you for for a C11 and not something like the 190MN? (Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere).

James

Mainly because of the native flat field with the combine long focal length. Plus I have the option of 3 f/ratios....even though I'm pretty positive I will never use a hyper star.

Archived