Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Attaching Monopod 680 to Spiked foot?

vvsloan

Ho everyone,

I have the Manfrotto 680B Monopod and this spiked foot, which everywhere is advertised for use with 679, 680 and 681 models:

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-manfrotto-236-spiked-foot-for-monopod/p10984

However, I can see no way at all making the 2 fit together. The rubber end of the monopod is way bigger than gap for it in the spike. So, short of cutting the rubber off the end of the monopod, I cannot see how the 2 possibly fit together. 

Incidentally, the only 2 reviews on Amazon for the product say exactly the same thing, but the Manfrotto website confirms it is for the models stated above. Does anyone else have these models/problem or am I, and the 2 Amazon reviewers  missing something?

Does anyone have an alternative spiked foot that actually fits this model?

Thanks in advance,

Victoria.

Ok, just spoke to Wex Photographic people and they said that you have to permanently remove the rubber end on the monopod so you'd only ever then ever have a spiked foot, which is no good at all for me. I need to be able to have a spiked foot for when I needed it and be able to remove it when it wasnt needed.

Therefore, next question. Does any one know of any other branded/unbranded/universal spiked foot that could perform that function. Manfrotto have some that do just that, only for other models, which is quite infuriating,

Thanks,

Vic. 

The other option is to get  this one - it gives you the option of a spike or a soft foot. You still have to remove the rubber foot to fit it.

Thanks for that Steve,

I hate the idea of having to remove a perfectly great rubber foot off my lovely new Monopod! I'm quite surprised there isn't a spiked foot designed to go over the existing rubber foot to be honest. I would have thought that would be something in high demand. Though given I really want the option of spiked or rubber, I might have to go for it.

Thanks again,

Vic.

Yeah, I've just been browsing. Although there are ones identical looking to the one you posted (but not the actual model number; the one on Amazon, and other sites, a discontinued model being sold off cheap?) , aswell as the suction cup variety, I'm not sure which 'D' number would fit my model. If 'D', stands for diameter, then I'm assuming if one were to be suitable at all, it would be the D25, as the bottom leg tube diameter of the 680 is 20mm. Although I dont actually know what D stands for, or indeed if my assumption is correct, and the D25 listed on the Manfrotto site is suitable for the 680, whether that particular model is any better than the discontinued one listed on Amazon for a vastly cheaper price!

I think an email to Manfrotto is in order..:)

Archived