Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars and Saturn 10x50's

Russko13

So the last 2 weeks we've had nothing but rain and cloud here in the uk (Cardiff) tonight was no exception and with one day off from work tommorow I was hoping to get out for an hour, anyway ended up falling asleep in front of the telly around 11 and woke up at 4am with a stiff neck, was pleasantly surprised to see a cloudless sky and plenty of stars in the sky so I grabbed the bins and had a scan out the window, noticed mars was up and I knew Saturn was due to rise in the next hour, occupied myself until Half 5 and went bak out to see mars high in the sky glowing red and got a glimpse of Saturn which looked like a slightly out of shape disk with a distinctive yellow tinge to it, nothing to wow at but was great to finally see Saturn for the first time can't wait to get my dob in April and finish the frac I'm currently buying piece by piece

Archived