NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

a nice place

I'm not sure but you remind me of something I read about local dark sites included this area called Black down

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/black-down/things-to-see-and-do/article-1356404742840/

Not too far from you or I, not been there yet to be able to recommend it or know how suitable it is to set up equipment  - but if you're out that way it might be worth a look. Certainly that area of the Downs is sparsely populated and I believe at a higher altitude than the surrounding areas. Even if there was an open car park there, it might be worth visiting.

I know most of the car parks around goodwood are good to go to but you get a lot of boyracers up there at the week and couples and some people are there having a "smoke". I first went there just before newyears with my scope and about two hours in i had a build light down my scope,looked up to see to policeman woundering what i was doing up there lol. After explaining myself one ask to have a look so i showed him jupitur..he seem to like lol.

Archived